Thursday, October 27, 2016

Rachel Gollhardt anchors in Amarillo

2015 JDM graduate Rachel Gollhardt is moving up in the television news profession. After graduation, she accepted a job as a General Assignments reporter for KFDA NewsChannel 10 in Amarillo, Texas. Shortly after starting at KFDA, she was promoted to Morning Reporter on The Early Show. In this role, Rachel is in charge of finding content for her stories that cover the Texas Panhandle, parts of the Oklahoma Panhandle and parts of New Mexico. For the past 7 months she has been anchoring the News at Noon program, which is the number one show in its time period.

Rachel is very happy to have made the decision to leave her hometown in Pennsylvania to pursue a career in another part of the country. She stated that "I have quickly advanced in my career and now I am gaining the experience needed to move to a bigger television market. I thank my professors at Ashland University for my education, as it has certainly helped me become a leader in the newsroom. My advice to students is to follow your dream and apply to places that are out of your comfort zone."

No comments:

Post a Comment