Sunday, April 1, 2012

JDM major accepted in summer film program in LA

Congratulations to JDM junior and Broadcast Communication major, Dan Griffin, for being accepted into the Elon in LA summer film program this summer.

"Given Dan's talents and passion for filmmaking, he was the natural first choice to represent JDM at Elon's new film program in LA." said Journalism and Digital Media's Interim Chair Tim McCarty.

For an aspiring filmmaker like Dan, Elon in LA should prove to be quite an adventure.



"The Elon in LA program is such an amazing opportunity for me. I've spent a lot of time at AU collaborating with other students who also love film-making. With this program, I'll work on my internship, take a film class, live with other film students and eventually make a short film with them. I'm so excited. I get to spend my summer living with other passionate filmmakers my age...in Los Angeles. It's like a dream." Griffin said.

"This all came about as a result of my faculty seminar with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences last November." McCarty said. "The Professor, Jay McMerty, starting the Elon in LA program was also a faculty fellow and tipped me off to this year's launch; I immediately thought of Dan."

Dan's film dreams begin this July.

No comments:

Post a Comment