Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tyler Miller (left) records NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Tyler Miller graduated from Ashland University in 2008 with a Bachelors degree in Sports Communication and Electronic Media Production.  He currently works for Sirius XM Satellite Radio as a producer on Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.  Tyler has recently changed roles on the channel and is now producing the mid-day show, Tradin’ Paint with Rick Benjamin and Chocolate Myers, weekdays from 11am-3pm.  He started with Sirius as an intern in New York City the summer before his senior year at Ashland.  Upon graduation he moved to New York and after the merger with XM, Tyler moved to Washington DC where he currently lives and works.

Name: Tyler Miller
Degree Received upon graduation: B.A. in Sports Communication and Electronic Media Production (Audio Concentration)
Graduation Year: 2008
Current Job: Producer of Tradin’ Paint on Sirius XM NASCAR Radio

Brief description of your duties: I produce a daily NASCAR themed sports talk show.  I book guest,s update production, schedule travel for special events, create and run contests and giveaways and keep my hosts and our staff updated on all the latest news in NASCAR.

How did AU and the broadcast/journalism department help you receive this job? As a Junior at AU, I applied for an internship at  Sirius XM.  The education I was getting at AU along with the experience at local radio stations (including WRDL) helped me stand out from the other interns and allowed me to secure a job upon completion of my internship.

What is your favorite aspect of the job? I enjoy going to work every day, it’s always different and that keeps things fun and exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment